The Friends of Gwinnett County Senior Services (Friends) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) volunteer-run organization dedicated to raising funds to privately support or supplement select senior programs in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
Founded in 1999, Friends is an avid supporter of Gwinnett County’s Meals on Wheels program for seniors. Private donations have allowed Friends to sponsor a number of homebound, elderly clients for yearly meals service. Additional private contributions have allowed Friends to donate fully-equipped vehicles and other equipment to the Gwinnett County program.
To privately support or supplement select Gwinnett County Senior Services programs that directly address senior needs.
• Cost of meals for seniors
• Home repair and emergency assistance
• Home safety
• Health and well being screenings
Shared responsibilities to insure leadership, stewardship, and constructive response to program assistance needs
• Unwavering client focus
• Effective volunteer governance
• Service emphasis; raising the funds to maintain the highest level of direct program delivery
To build on the contributions and efforts of our generous and valued partners
• Faith-based organizations
• Youth and school athletic programs
• Individuals; donors and volunteers
• Gwinnett Coalition for Health and Human Services